On this page are answers to some of the common questions asked about internet cafés, wireless networks and the Internet Café in a Box. If you cannot find the answer here, contact us and we will be happy to deal with your enquiry.
- What equipment do I need to set up an internet café?
- Can Café Networks supply computers to use in my Internet Café?
- I don't have space for computers, can I still offer internet access?
- What do I need to use the Internet Café in a Box?
- Can Café Networks come and install the Internet Café in a Box?
- How many wireless devices can connect to the Internet Café in a Box system at the same time?
- Will Café Networks support both the system and my customers?
- How do I connect existing computers to the system?
- How many fixed computers can connect to the system?
- What is the minimum specification my computers need to be?
- What Operating System do I need to run my computers on the Café Networks system?
- Do my computers need any special software?
- Do my computers need to be specially configured?
- How does providing internet access to my customers benefit my business?
- How do I tell people that I offer this service?
Internet Café Terminology
A wireless hotspot is an area within which people can use a laptop, mobile phone, or other portable WiFi device to access the internet. The Internet Café in a Box is a quick and easy way to set up and manage a wireless hotspot on your premises.
WiFi was originally a brand name but has become a generic term used to describe computing devices and hardware that connect without wires through a radio signal.
Internet Café Equipment
To set up an Internet Café you need a broadband internet connection, an ADSL router, internet ready computers and, if you want to connect wirelessly, a wireless access point and WiFi enabled computers. Café Networks can supply all the equipment you need to set up an internet café.
Yes, we can supply a range of computers for any type of establishment and for most budgets. Our PC's are internet ready and already secured with anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software for safe internet browsing.
Yes. The Internet Café in a Box allows customers to use their own wireless laptops, phones and PDAs to access the internet through your internet connection.
The Internet Café in a Box
If you have a broadband internet connection, you can set it up straight out of the box. If not, Café Networks can provide a high speed internet connection at very competitive rates.
Yes, we can install the Internet Café in a Box for you or provide extra support. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
In theory, with a hardware upgrade, over 250 WiFi devices. However, it depends on the speed of your internet connection and what the users are doing. If they are just looking at web pages and sending emails then the system will cope with a large number of users at once. If a number of users are downloading files such as pictures and music at the same time, then the speed of the system will slow down and become unusable.
Yes. Café Networks offer support for your system and limited support for your customers. Customer support is limited to connection issues to our network only. Support is provided by telephone on 0871 271 0123 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute).
You connect them using either a network cable or wirelessly through a WiFi card.
The Internet Café in a Box allows you to connect 4 desktop computers using network cables. You can add more wirelessly if they are equipped with WiFi cards. We can provide a custom internet café solution if your requirements exceed this.
The recommended minimum PC specification is a Pentium III (or equivalent) with 128Mb Ram.
Your computers can run any operating system you like, e.g. Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS or Linux.
No special software is required. However, we do recommend that any computer connected to the internet has anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software installed.
No, your computers don't need any special configuration apart from being capable of viewing the Internet.
Providing internet access is an extra service that will make you stand out from your competitors and has a number of business benefits:
- It adds a valuable extra revenue stream to your business.
- You can set your own prices, or even provide it for free - perhaps as a special offer.
- It can increase footfall, encourage customers to stay for longer and increase return custom.
- In turn, this leads to increased sales of your core products.
Café Networks provide a selection of marketing materials to help you advertise this service. These are in the form of posters which can be displayed on windows and walls.